Monday, November 27, 2006

Utah 5 Arizona 3 (Part 1)

When I was 10 or so, I swore to myself that I would NEVER EVER go to Utah again. I think it was my parents forcing me to go to awkward weddings and uncomfortable holidays with extended relatives that made my disgust for Utah grow. So when my younger sister decided that Utah was the place for her, I had to suck it up and figure that I would at least visit her once. I know I am going to get a lot of (mom and dad cover your eyes) "crap" for saying this, but after this weekend of holiday bliss, I know have grown to like Utah. We would never move their because it is way to cold but it is becoming a more bearable state.

Wednesday:

Started off to a rough start. We were about to leave when we found our beloved Squirt floating at the top of the tank, dead. We assume that by the bite taken out of Squirt's neck, that the other turtle, formally known as smalls, killed him. We know refer to him as "killer". After our gasps and not knowing what to do, we had a traditional burial, with a moment of silence and poptart box casket.

After that we were on our way.



Next time we are flying. I like having a car but that drive is ssssoooo long.



Good thing I had Brandon there to entertain me!!



Good thing I had Fergie to listen too also.

10 long hours later we finally arrived in Provo. Rachael showed us around her cute house and we waited for Allyson to arrive. We then went to get some grub at this resturant named Guru's in downtown Provo. It was just like Pita Jungle but more environmently friendly.



We then went up Y mountian and saw the Provo valley. As you can tell by this picture it was windy and cold.



Brandon was there too!

We then went to our 1 star motel and quickly went to sleep.

Thursday:

We mostly spent the day at Rachaels house cooking and watching Christmas movies.



Rachael made some squash and a salad.



Allyson made mashed sweet potatoes.



I made the turkey.



And tried to cut the squash.



And Brandon played on the computer, (to clarify, he did go get vanilla ice cream).



Rachael was trying to be all professional with the Sparkling Cider.



But that only lasted for a minute.



Over all, it was a pretty successful Thanksgiving.



You will have to wait for the conclusion of the trip tomorrow!

3 comments:

Angelsineveryone(Brandon) said...

The best blog ever!

allyson elizabeth said...

Beka, you are hilarious. And why do I look so skeptical when Rachael is pouring my drink?

Rachael said...

Where is the second half?