Saturday, December 02, 2006

Utah 5 Arizona 3 (Part 2)

Friday:

We woke up to find out that not only does our hotel have cable but it also has the best cinnimon rolls in the state. At least that is what Brandon thought. It was nice to wake up too.

So after we ate we proceeded to Rae's house for our day of fun!!



Our first stop was BYU campus were she gave us the tour of a life time. She showed were all her classes are and were her favorite places to hang out (watch boys) are.

We then went to the Wilks Building were the disaster of 2006 happened. Sometimes it is hard for me to do three things at once and the end result is always painful. So when I fell down the stairs in the bookstore, it wasn't a big deal at first because I fall all the time. After the shock and embarrassment was over, I realized I was really hurt and started to cry. I know, I know, I am a big baby but it really hurt. So Rae went on to find a mailbox while Brandon comforted me in the "architecture" aisle. Which I found ironic.

Ok, back to the day. After the incident we went to the BYU Art Musuem and saw the a really cool collection of the Savior. It started with his birth and ended with his death. It was really moving and I am glad I got to see it.

After that we decided to get some lunch.



We went to this Pizza place that reminded me of NYC. The owner is from Boston so therefore knows how to make a good pie. The place was small and the pizza was awesome. This picture is to prove that rae is no prissy girl who eats her pizza with a fork and knife. She eats it the right way!!

After that we went to University Mall to meet one of Brandons companions. His name is Barrett Anderson. He was cool. But man the mall was freakin crazy. We all forgot that it was black friday. It was ridiculous.



Then we headed up to the Provo Temple. They had this sculpture out front that looked like it was carved out of a big piece of soap.



Rae makes funny faces!

After this we went to the creamery (which was also packed) and headed back to Rae's house for some naps because that night we were going to go to SLC to see the Lights.



They were really pretty. No Mesa but it was alright.



We then did some shopping at Gateway and ate some dinner. Allyson took us on a tour of SLC and we saw a 7 eleven and UofU. She took us by Jared Hess's house and I decided that if I HAD to live in Utah I would live in Sugarhouse.

Saturday:

I only took six pictures this day. We started off by making a good "dad" breakfast with banana nut pancakes and hot cocoa.
We then went to SLC again to visit Temple square and go into the visitors center.



We wanted to go on the roof of the Conference Center but we found out that you have to take the tour of the whole center in order to get to the roof. So we proceeded. I thought it was interesting but after an hour we were still not on the roof. We saw a lot of famous paintings though. And by famous I mean picture I saw in Primary when I was younger.



We finally made it to the roof and it was everything I dreamed of.

We then headed up to Ogden to eat Thanksgiving number two. It was really good to see the cousins. Rae and I have never been that close to any of them because they are so much older then us, so we were very sceptical about the event. But they really warmed up to us once they realized that we are grown up now. Rae and I decided that Athetha=Amy. They all have cute kids and are doing really well. It was also good to see Uncle Sid before he goes back to Iraq. I wish I would have taken some pictures.

Brandon found out that one of his companions who is from Samoa was living in Utah to work so that night we went on a wild goose chase to find him in West Valley. Tension was high but after two hours of driving we finally found Irish Teo. He said that he was just in AZ to visit his friend who just got out of prison. We said "Chris?". He said "How do you know Chris?" We said "Our brother Nick." He said "I think I meet him". It was crazy and small worldish!!

We then went to Thanksgiving Point, were I forgot to take pictures again. It is this little town dedicated to the holidays. It has shoppes and a movie theater and a dinosaur musuem. We drove around and looked at lights and got milkshakes.

Then it was time to say goodbye. :,( It was sad.

Sunday:

Driving home, lots of breaks, crazy traffic, Indian fudge, picking up Gidget, going to sleep.

On the way home though we did see another companion. James Gale meet us at the DQ in Scipio. He was by far my favorite (He wants to be an Architect and he reads my blog!!!!)

It was really good to see Rachael and where she is living. We already miss her and are excited for her to be home in a few weeks.

I am giving Utah another chance!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

I like that picture of me and you.

liz said...

I love the last 2 shots! Rakel you look so metropolitan (sp?) and cool college girl look- very becoming on you!

And then the lovebirds are darling, but reminds me of vegas for some reason (?).

PassTheChips said...

James and Beka got married in Vegas??

Rachael said...

James?

Angelsineveryone(Brandon) said...

yes, you know how everyone in your family thinks my name is something different than it really is....remember thanksgiving?