Thursday, February 22, 2007

I have an awesome post about updating your house on a budget but alas I haven't found the time (in between school & work) to finish it. Hopefully I will finish it tonight. While you wait for my fabulous post, you should go rent this jem of cinematography!



I have seen it about 15 times and it is in my top ten favorite films. Trust me, this is not your average boring biography. I like to think that it has a little bit of everything; comedy, drama, horror, mystery, murders, adultery, gambling. All of that, plus the most beautiful Architecture in the world.

If you know me, then you know my fondness for Mr. Wright. He is the reason I went into Interior Design. His designs are what I strive for mine to be. Yes, I am aware that he was egotistical and arrogant and that sometimes he was unrealistic but I can look past the man and see the beautiful work behind him. So pop some popcorn and get ready to learn about the most influential man in Architecture today.

"God is the great mysterious motivator of what we call nature, and it has been said often by philosophers, that nature is the will of God. And, I prefer to say that nature is the only body of God that we shall ever see. If we wish to know the truth concerning anything, we'll find it in the nature of that thing" --Frank Lloyd Wright

(My favorite quote by him)

No comments: