Today is my mom's birthday! I admire a lot of things about my mom. Here are some examples of why she is great,
*My mom is supportive of everything we do. She always tries to go support my dad plus my brothers and sisters and wait around for hours to watch them run. She was always at my Orchestra concerts and soccer games. Whatever is important to us, she will support us in.
*She always encouraged the importance of getting an education to us kids. My mom was in her 40's when she got her bachelors in business. After working a long day, she would then go to night school and study after we went to bed. She always told/tells me that I need to keep on learning and furthering my education. 
Poppa, Graduate Beka, Mommsie
*My mom is really creative. She loves to do crafts and to make stuff with her hands. She taught me how to sew and bought me a sewing machine for my 16th birthday. She is also an amazing quilter. She made these amazing quilts for my niece and nephew when they got baptized and made me and Brandon a awesome quilt when we got married. Anything she makes, is made with love and are made especially for that person.
*She cares for all of us individually and even though we are adults she always wants to make sure we are taking care of ourselfs. She still takes care of us when we are sick and all we want is our mommy! :)
*Even though we tend to make fun of her, I love that she gets emotional during commercials, especially during Olympics time.
*Most people know that my mom is a covert to the Church and was baptized when she was 21. She has such a strong testimony of the gospel. It had to be so hard to get 7 young kids to church, especially when my father sometimes had to work some Sundays. But she would always attend and get us there on time for the first meeting.
*My mom always encouraged us to serve in the community, as well as in the church. We always knew that we needed to serve those and help those who have less then us.
*She loves the same silly TV shows that I like. Some examples are Gilmore Girls, America's Next Top Model, So You Think You Can Dance, Starting Over. If she knew I was going to miss one she would tape it for me so we could talk about it later. Now that I don't live at home, I will call her after the show just to discuss what happened! Since Brandon mostly makes fun of my dumb shows, it's nice to talk to someone about them!
*My mom is so diligent in her all her church callings. No matter what she is called too, she knows that there is a reason why and learns from it. She puts her whole heart and then some into every calling she has had. She is a good example to me when I get frustrated and want to "quit". I know from her example that there is a reason that I have this calling. 
She was always there for me when Brandon was gone and would listen to me when I missed him the most and I know she will always be there for me. I love her very very very much.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I like the idea that mom is a covert for the church rather than a convert.
Wow way to ruin the beautiful moment that I created. I never said I was a genius at spelling.
I love what you said about your mom. I think you don't realize all of their sacrifices and hard work they do for you until you get older.
Becka,
Congrats on Graduation!!! That is awesome...maybe you could point me in the right direction... you see I am saving up money to redo parts of my condo/future house when I get one. I am on a budget and have quite a bit saved and hope to get quite a bit more before the year is over and than shop!! The only thing is I lack that special eye for coordination and am willing to hire someone for help... I am pretty frugal and don't know how much interior designer people are,etc. Do you have any insights on this and how whole hiring people and costs works?
Post a Comment