Wednesday, September 03, 2008


*Matt and Angie Sloan with their adorible son Maddux. Paisley was born shortly after this picture was taken.

Gabby from Design Mom (A New York based Mom of 5 who is orginally from Utah, writes a wonderful blog about being a fabulous mom while not giving up your style/identity) declared that last Thursday be Nie Nie Day. People all around the blogging world held auctions and all the proceeds from those auctions are going directly to Stephanie and Christian. Most of the big ones ended on Monday, but there are still many wonderful things that have been extended. For a full list of all the auctions still active, go here.

One auction that I think more people need to be interested in is the one that Sloan Photographers are doing. Matt and Angie Sloan are super, super, super talented photographers who live in the Gilbert area and are auctioning off three different sessions with all the money going to the Nielsons. I fell in love with their photography a while ago and love everything that they do. Please check out their website/blog and bid if this interests you. The three different sessions that are up for auction are: 6 hours of wedding coverage (worth $3,500), an engagement session (worth $250), and a family session, so if you know anyone in need, please tell them. The last time I checked, only two people had bid on a family session. So it would be a good time to get amazing pictures (Christmas cards are right around the corner) plus help out a family in need.

P.S. So far everything is going good concerning the whole me being pregnant thing. I haven't had a lot of the normal pregnancy symptoms, which is amazing, I have just been SUPER tired. Man, I could sleep all the time! The first thing I want to do when I come home from working 9 hours is sleep, then eat, then fall back asleep! :) My doctor thinks I am about 9 weeks along but I have my first ultrasound on the 12th and they will know for sure when my due date is and everything. So far so good! I will keep you all updated though with any real news.

Two observations though:
1. Prenatal Vitamins taste disgusting! No one warned me that my burps (also whats with all the excess gas?!) would taste like fish (sorry about the TMI), but seriously couldn't they taste like chocolate or something fruity, anything besides sushi?!
2. Baby stuff is hella expensive. Actually just all the cool stuff is expensive. $400 for a stroller that doesn't even include a car seat?! Don't even get me started with cribs. A cardboard box with some pillows in it is fine for a baby, right?! I mean that's what Gidget slept in. :)

13 comments:

Crewton said...

go to www.albeebaby.com They have cool baby stuff for cheep. It is all the 'last years models' so they sell it at a discount.

Kirk and Aly said...

Beka, I found your blog, and am so glad I did! I'm so excited for you and the new addition! What fun! I forgot all about prenatal vitamin burbs, but just wait for middle of the night charlie horses from hell! I hope all goes well!

I love Project Runway too, but Kirk won't watch it with me, so you'll have to come over so I have somebody to critique Suede with. :)

Nichole Lowe said...

Welcome to the expense of kids. It only gets more from here with doctor bills, dentist, activities etc. But they are so worth it. By the way, that is what showers are for. :)

liz said...

haha the gas! i forgot about the gas! man i feel for the people i used to work with. and the people i rode elevators with.

marry said...

Beka, you crack me up... I love all the TMI... I think it helps others feel normal : ) Can't wait to see your cute baby... make sure you let me know about your shower! Thanks for the confidence boost on the photo... that was pretty much the only one I liked... I just read about the rule of thirds today so I am glad I know what you are talking about

PassTheChips said...

You're really pregnant? I thought it was an elaborate hoax. Seriously?

brooke romney said...

Amen on the prenatals, and the expensive stuff. Luckily there are plenty of not cool items that are reasonably priced! It's just the beginning of doing things you said you'd never do.

Brad, Brittany and Amelia said...

Some prenatal vitamins are better than others, which means that yes they are more money! But you might not get the fishy burps. Taking them in the morning always worked better than taking them at night (I don't know what time you take them). Babies R Us sends decent coupons when you register there. Our crib was $175 and I love it, it doesn't look cheap either. In fact, we're moving to Phoenix next month and you can see it for youself! We'll be there for 8 months and we'll HAVE to have you over and we can talk about baby stuff!! My favorite thing to do!!!

matt sloan said...

thanks for the love! you're awesome!!!

Danielle said...

Hey there Beka! I thought I'd just leave a comment on your blog so that you'd be able to find me. So I used to take prenatal pills so that my hair would grow faster, and I found some that didn't taste like sushi. (but maybe that was just beginners luck...try the Equate brand.) I'm so glad to hear that the whole pregnancy thing is going well!!! I super excited for you and Brandon.

Natalie said...

Hey Beka, I'm not sure if you remember me but I was in middle school with you. I'm also in your ward now. I found your blog and just wanted to say Hi. Your blog is so cute. Hope all is well with the prego that is really exciting for you guy's!
Natalie Ballantyne(Ganem)

Beka said...

Natalie! I totally remember you! That's so crazy we are in the same ward. I saw you (and your adorible family) a couple of weeks ago but wasn't quite sure if you had moved in or was just visiting. We will have to get together.

I know your blog is private but if you want to add me, my blog email is bekuhfooler@hotmail.com.

Natalie said...

Hey, what house's do you live in our hood. I want to see your house some time!