Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Maybe you haven't notice but I love making lists. This one was a little bit harder to make. At around 60 I was pretty much done. I finally did finish it though.

My mom was always really good at having us make long term and short term goals. Hopefully this will keep me motivated in everything I want to do in my life for the next couple of years. PLUS it will give me something to blog (something that has been hard for me these days) about when I finish a task.

101 in 1001 days
Start: November 6 2008
Finish: August 4 2011

1. Be a mom
2. Take Brandon to New York
3. Visit Brandon’s mission in Louisiana
4. Lose the weight I gained since graduating high school
5. Join PPA
6. Join WPPI
7. Buy a website layout from BluDomain
8. Build my photography website/blog
9. Shoot 30 weddings
10. Be able to quit my job and just be a photographer
11. Stay a night in a swanky resort in Scottsdale with B
12. “Just Girls” trip with Angela, Becky and Melissa
13. Go camping in the snow
14. Go on a picnic with B and the Gidge
15. Switch to Canon
16. Buy a Canon 5d and an awesome Lens
17. Finish degree
18. Drive up the West coast and visit Seattle
19. Donate Blood
20. Take a yoga class
21. 2nd shoot a wedding with someone I admire
22. Shoot a wedding outside the state of Arizona
23. Take the Studio Lighting class at Snapfactory *completed 12.13.08
24. Update my business plan and benefits
25. Print a personal photo on canvas
26. Teach a class about Photography or Interior Design
27. Own an iPhone
28. Buy an iMac desktop computer
29. Backup computers using Time Capsule
30. Buy a Fire Safe and put appropriate documents inside (Title, Marriage License, Birth Certificate, picture CDs, ect)
31. Ride on a Train
32. Visit Grand Canyon
33. Figure out what is wrong with my stomach
34. Volunteer at a Community Center
35. Do a session at the Temple once a week for 6 months
36. Try a new restaurant with B once a month for a year
37. Make new business cards
38. Read the Book of Mormon
39. Go to a Haunted House
40. Reconnect with an old friend
41. Meet someone from one of the blogs I read, and not be to nervous to say hello *completed 12.15.08
42. Go back to Pinkberry and order a large
43. Have a photo published
44. Advertise my business in a magazine
45. Paint one of my walls with Chalkboard paint
46. Visit Gilbert family in VA
47. See the midnight showing of Harry Potter with Rae
48. Get a pedicure and wear sandals
49. Make all my presents for Christmas
50. See my dad sing in the ward choir *completed 12.21.08
51. Visit my Grandpa F and Geoffrey grave’s *completed 01.09.09
52. Assist a photographer I admire
53. Take a cooking class at Williams Sonoma
54. Buy something not on sale from Anthropologie
55. Go to First Friday’s in Phoenix *completed 11.07.08
56. Go to a concert in another state
57. Visit Lowe family in Utah
58. Be featured on a Wedding/Portrait website
59. Buy a dress from Shabby Apple
60. Take a walking tour of a Historic District
61. Have a booth at a Bridal Show
62. Finish the Twilight series
63. Donate my hair again
64. Take pictures in a vintage photobooth
65. Drink no soda for a month
66. Take a photo of my entire family
67. Wear heels to church
68. Put together better outfits
69. Organize closet
70. Wear makeup to work for one consecutive month
71. Make a mix tape downloadable from my blog
72. See a foreign film
73. Read the Harry Potter series
74. Post on my personal blog everyday for a month
75. Plant a garden
76. Finish my wedding scrapbook
77. Start and finish Year 1 scrapbook
78. Start and finish Year 2 scrapbook
79. Stay at the Amara Resort in Sedona
80. Invite friends over for dinner
81. Write down first pregnancy story (feelings, how I told people, including ultrasound picture)
82. Watch all seven seasons of Gilmore Girls from start to finish
83. Order the Wall Street Journal
84. Have a snowball fight
85. Video tape Brandon sleep talking
86. Take pictures of the inside of my house
87. Play Laser Tag
88. Write Thank You notes to all my clients
89. Tell Brandon I love him everyday
90. Make homemade bread
91. Can more raspberry/blackberry jam
92. Finish 3 month food storage
93. Convince Brandon to go Ice Skating with me
94. Join either Costco or Sam’s Club
95. Print out updated photos for picture frames
96. Go to eye doctor and see if I need glasses
97. Go to the dentist every 6 months
98. Keep car clean
99. Stick to an honest budget
100. Be happy
101. Finish 101 list

*items in bold have been completed*

13 comments:

Natalie said...

Ok so that is really cute and a really good idea. I just might have to copy you. I'm with you on most of those thing too.

Natalie said...

I like this one,"Paint one of my walls with Chalkboard paint" .
You should do the magnetic paint under the chalkboard paint also. That would be sweet. I have always wanted to do the inside of my pantry door.

PassTheChips said...

Heretic. Nikon rules, Canon drools.

Beka said...

Thanks Natalie! Go ahead and copy away. I got the idea from another blog, who probably got it from someone else. I am excited to read yours! :)

PTC, I strongly disagree. The color that come out of Canons' can not be beat. But if you want to buy me a Nikon to prove me wrong, I would not stop you! :)

Bethany Dibble said...

That's so cool. I have a list but never thought of blogging it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Brittany Calkins said...

YAY you finished it!! I love your list! I chucked at the gilmore girls! I remember when Rachael came up to BYU and got me hooked!

Danielle said...

You go girl!

Becky and Tyler said...

i love that girl trips are so high on your list beka!!! yeah to us!!! we need to plan for the next one...maybe next summer sometime in june i'd be up for it!!!!!!!

Gary and Angela said...

Beka you are way too cool to be my friend. :)

P.S. Oh yeah girl's trip for sure.

Bunch'a'Butt-lers said...

HOLY CRAP we work like 5 secs away from each other, thats crazy lets do LUNCH!!!! gimme your phone number!

my email is fnnegrl@msn.com

my cell 480-570-4324

Brittany said...

Love your list, it inspired me to make one too! Brad and I spent part of our Honeymoon at the Amara Resort and it was pretty nice. If i go back I will try a cabin-esque place instead complete with fireplace and stuff. But it was really nice! Feel free to come over and watch Gilmore Girls with me, I love them!

Wes said...

Sweet list, sister.

The Empty Nesters said...

#47 -- Is that really Harry Potter? Or should it be Twilight?