Wednesday, February 07, 2007





I love looking at stuff for babies even though we don't currently have one. From cribs to clothes, it is all pretty cute these days. Gone are the Noah's Ark themes and Precious Moments. Its all about practical design and purchasing classic pieces that can be used over and over again. And now that EVERYONE I know is pregnant it is even more fun to look.

One of my favorite websites for daily inspiration is apartment therapy. And now they have a section of the website that is completly dedicated to for nurseries. I am already loving this idea.

"Babies are cute, but their stuff is often just plain ugly. It often seems as if good design and kids’ furnishings are contradictory terms. Mass-produced plastic goods proliferate, accessorized with blinking lights, blindingly bright colors, and the kind of annoying tuneless music that you just know you’ll be humming to yourself inadvertently on and off for the next couple of years.

Should tasteful equal expensive?

We don't think it should.Which is why it seems the perfect time to introduce a new Apartment Therapy site, one dedicated to helping you incorporate children into your life without having to sacrifice your taste or taking out a loan to do so."

-Amara from Apartment Therapy

I couldn't agree more. So everyone who is having a baby, or already has babies, or is like me and will have babies in the future should go check out this site.

(Picture from decor8)

2 comments:

Angelsineveryone(Brandon) said...

dont get any ideas.....! hahaha

Mumsy said...

Thanks for the link. I loved looking through their site.