
At first I was sad when Brandon informed me that it was time to get rid of cable. I had grown accustom to HGTV, E!, Bravo, and all the MTV's. But I knew it was the "right" thing to do considering how much $$ we were spending each month. At first it was a hard transistion going back to normal TV, but when I wasn't expecting it, I recieved a tender mercy. Did you know that there are hidden channels?! Well if your remote has a .(point) button and you live in AZ, then you get 8.2 which is Create TV. It is like the poor mans HGTV! All it is, is cooking, home improvement, and gardening shows 24/7. Now when Brandon and I are not watching, 30 Rock, The Office, Gossip Girl, ANTM or K-Ville we watch Create TV.
Here are some of my favorite shows.
Barbecue University with Steven Raichlen
Seriously, Awesome. This is off of the website, "Watch as Steven Raichlen, hailed by Oprah as the "Gladiator of Grilling" and Howard Stern as the "Michael Jordon of Barbecue," captures all the sizzling action from every angle with his two "Grill Cams" postitioned inside the grills." The grill cam is genious. Who doesn't want to see the underside of a 40lb brisket?! I DO!
America's Test Kitchen from Cook's Illustrated
This one is my favorite. It starts off by showing you how most of America makes something, like a cake or a roast, then they show you how to make it the correct way. Meanwhile testing the best cookware and products for that recipe. I could LITERALLY watch this all day. Christopher is charming and makes cooking simple. From the website, "Whether working with techniques, raw materials, or cookware, the America's Test Kichen experts and blind tasting judges come up with unbiased choices to help viewers save money, time and effort in the kitchen while preparing the best food for their families."
Mexico - One Plate at a Time with Rick Bayless
It took me a couple of times watching this to not be weirded out by his blonde mustache. It seemed a little to scripted and his daughter really bothered me. But Rick has won me over with his knowledge. I don't think I could ever make anything he cooks but it is still interesting to watch. One thing I like about the show, is how the food he prepares is so colorful. He has a bunch of resturants in Chicago that I would definently want to check out. 
Lidia's Family Table
This is Brandon's favorite! Another show that I had to watch a couple times before likeing it. From the website it is says, "Lidia's mother Erminia, children Tanya and Joe and grandchilren help prepare some of Lidia's favorite and most personal recipes yet." If you like olive oil, watching people eat, and little kids, then this show is for you.
So you would think that since all I watch now is cooking shows that I would be a better cook, in reality it just makes me hungry.
Friday, October 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment