Friday, October 12, 2007



A normal phone conversation with my little sister Rachael.

Title: What I know about the Model UN club

Me: What are you doing tonight?
R: I have a group meeting
Me: A group meeting?! Like AA
R: Not quite, I am in the Model UN club
Me: Whenever I think about the Model UN, I think of that one Simpsons episode when Bart and Lisa are in the Model UN and their bus crashes and they have to live on a island and a wild boar steals all there food. Do you know which one I am talking about?
R: Yeah, you told me that the first time I told you I was in the Model UN club.
Me: Oh, Well what country are you?
R: Venezuela
Me: Venesswayula (side note: I could never pronounce this country) aren’t they having a lot of government problems?
R: No
Me: Are you sure? I am sure I saw that on the news
R: Positive
Me: Maybe it was Guatamaylia (side note: another country I can’t pronounce) If I was in Model UN club I would want West Canada because then I could speak English.
R: We all speak English.
Me: Hmmm Do you get to dress up?
R: Not all the time
Me: What do you wear a poncho and a sombrero?
R: No, I wear church clothes.
Me: And come riding in on a donkey (side note: I am not racist, just dumb)
R: Wow
Me: I am going to Photoshop that.
R. I have to go now, my meeting is about to start
Me: Have fun at AA!!!

7 comments:

Wes said...

I don't know that they're having government problems, but the president is a psyco. Also, no american missionaries allowed.

Melony said...

Beka, best. post. ever.
I can't stop laughing.
Even after I called you to tell you I was laughing, but couldn't stop laughing to tell you, that I was laughing.
Rachael words I love: "wow" and "positive".
Best quote:"If I was in Model UN club I would want West Canada because then I could speak English"
Best response:"We all speak English"
Hysterical.
I vote for more conversations between you and rachael posted on your blog.

Rachael said...

That's right you did ad lib a little bit. But melony is right, we have hilarious conversations pretty often. I'll have to keep that in mind.

liz said...

lol

allyson elizabeth said...

Almost every time Rachael talks about MUN, I ask if anyone wears berets. I wish they would wear more berets.

PassTheChips said...

I second Melony's vote.

liz said...

I only had one hand available to type when I left my last comment, but this post seriously cracked me up.

It's pretty much how 60% of the conversations go between Mike and I.


p.s. you're not dumb, you just have different interests.