I got to spend this last weekend with Mike, Liz, and their two boys Zane and Evan. They are moving back and had to come to AZ to finish up the paperwork of buying their first home!!! It is all pretty exciting since Mike and Liz moved away to NYC right after they got married 9 years ago and then to Northern California 2 years ago. We are all excited for them to be coming home. ANYWAYS, they only needed to be in AZ for a couple of days and so I drove with Liz and the boys back to Walnut Creek so they can finish packing. I had such a good time and instead of writing every boring detail, I will just give you the highlights, mixed with pictures.
*Downtown Pasadena is worth checking out. They have a Pinkberry and good Indian food. 

*Zane watched the same Mickey Mouse movie for 4 hours. Hopefully I never have to hear "Hot dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog" again.
*I loved seeing all the agriculture in California. We reconized tomatoes, avacados, oranges, and grapes. 
*It makes Mike really mad if you say that Mount Diablo looks like a hill. Apparently he owns real estate on it or something. :)
*Liz and I skipped the Frida exhibit at the SF MOMA. We did see the Lee Miller Exhibit which we both loved. My favorites were the photos of her life in Egypt.
*Cable cars are not the same as Trolleys but are worth waiting a hour to take a 15 minute ride, then waiting another hour to take the ride back. 
*While waiting for the Cable Car a bum/street performer decided that he really wanted my dollar and was going to serenade us until I gave in. So according to bum/street performer, Liz=has a pretty smile and Beka=wants to make love to me. Did I tell you that there was about 500 people watching?! Need less to say, I turned about ten shades of red. 
*Getting Liz into Anthropologie. I didn't buy anything (no room in my bag), but if I did I would have bought the flower shaped mixing bowls, acorn shaped bird feeder or the $16,000 train. 
*Northern California doesn't know that it is July since I had to wear a sweater the entire trip.
*The Jelly Belly factory was a bust. I could write a whole post on why I am never buying anything Jelly Belly again but why don't you just ask me next time you see me. 

*I was really excited to see Berkley and am glad Liz showed me around. The whole city smells like Whole Foods. We got to go into Amoeba which is a gigatic record store. Think Virgin or Best Buy size but with used and hard to find music and DVD's. Brandon and I first went into the Hollywood Amoeba pre-mission. Berkley was the only one I had not been to so it was cool to see the set up. We also got to walk around the University which was beautiful and made me miss that I never got the true College experience.
*Just knowing that I get to see Mike and his family in the next couple of days when they move into a brand new house, made this whole trip amazing. 
P.S. Brandon was unable to come because of work stuff. This was the first time since he has been home from Lousiana that we had not seen each other. I missed him so much and was sad because I knew he would have had a good time. I am happy to be back!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It looks like you had a great time. You have to tell me the Jelly Belly story next time you see me. Hopefully we will see you next week for your birthday. Call and let us know when we can celebrate with you.
What a great trip! I feel like I got to experience it right along with you! (And I'm jealous!)
I'm intrigued by the Jelly Belly story...they are the only jelly beans I like. Tell me! I have to know!
Beka this whole postmade me crack up- thanks for getting all these details down. I am already forgetting some of them and it's only bee a few hours since you left. ;-)
Nice shots- what a perfect photo essay of the trip. I LOVE the sf moma shot at the top the best- I didn't even take a minute to look at that entrance from another floor- much more of an impact. okay now for your post on the crosses.....
Post a Comment