
RE:2008
One of my favorite memories that I have of my sister in law Liz was in December of 2005. At the time, I was going through a transition in my life (kind of like right now). Brandon would be home in 6 months, I was hanging out with all the wrong people, and had recently walked away (slash got fired) from my job at Vans. I needed a break and I was excited to get to hang out with Mike, Liz, and lil Zanners in New York City. Liz and I had been walking around Washington Square Park taking pictures. I taking a picture of that famous arch, when I had noticed that Liz was taking pictures of this one brick building. Her body was up against the building and she was taking a picture looking up towards the sky. These two men walked past us, stopped right next to Liz and looked up to see what she was taking a picture of. No words were said and the men quickly went on their way. But as they walked away from us, I watched them continuing to look up. Liz and I laughed and continued on with our adventure in the city.
------
I know I have been a Debbie Downer when it comes to talking about 2008. It just wasn't my(our)year. But something happened about a week before Christmas and my attitude about 2008 changed. I started to remember all the things that made this year special to me and my family.
1. Nick and Lisa got married in the Mesa Temple. I have never seen my brother look so happy. It brought tears to my eyes watching him kneel in front of Lisa to be sealed for eternity.
2. Had the amazing opportunity to take photography classes at the Snapfactory. And my obsession with photography started.
3. Brandon and I got to travel to Irvine, CA to go to the festival Bamboozled Left. It was such a rad experience to see some of my most favorite bands all in one day. Plus I loved being able to participate in something that Brandon is so passionate about.
4. Brandon and I also got the chance to stay in the Hotel Valley Ho Memorial Day weekend. This is a local icon for Modern Architecture and was always on my list of wanting to stay at in AZ. I was so super excited when Brandon surprised me with our own little staycation.
5. Over the summer I celebrated 23 years of life and Brandon and I celebrated 2 years of marriage.
6. Went on a road trip to the San Fransisco bay with Liz, Zane, and Evan. I has such a fun time and have so many great memories/stories from that trip.
7. Finding out that I was pregnant for the first time will always be the biggest highlight of 2008. Even though it didn't end up with a baby in my arms, I at least know that I am capable of getting pregnant.
8. Rachael and Gregg getting engaged!!! Have I talked about them being my all time favorite people. I am so beyond excited to have Gregg officially in our family. Who knew when they met at that Stake Dance in 2003 that they would one day be married. Can't wait until March 13th to see them sealed in the Mesa Temple.
As excited I am to see 2008 go far away, I will forever cherish these moments that I have experienced. I know for a fact that 2008 has prepared me for that is to become.
"...know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good." Doctrine and Covenants 122:7
------
So bring it on 2009! I am beyond ready for you. And like that day in New York City I am going to be looking up. Looking up towards the future and what is to become.
I also love these two videos that sum up 2008 in the pop culture world and the music industry. Both are worth a watch.
This video is a mash up of the Top 25 Pop songs of 2008
This video is a animation of all things Pop culture that happened in 2008.
Sunday, January 04, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love it. I too will keep looking up. I know it is hard to stay positive at times and we all deserve a downer day but you are right we do need to look up and look at the positive.
Congrats. You made mom cry.
Success! :)
those videos are awesome! i always find that you're able to find those things in life i need from day to day beka! thanks for being you!!!
I forgot about that! I think it was mike's school building all red and blast is i didn't get a good shot but now i want to go look for that photo session.
my name is liz. i like to lay on buildings when i take pictures. pleased to meet you.
you made me laugh AND cry.
Post a Comment