My family has 4 birthdays PLUS Father’s day the last two weeks in June. Today is my dad’s 60th birthday. Here are some random things that I admire about my dad.
Pops, Little me, Teenage Mike
*He is such a hard worker. When he retired, I thought he was going to just sit around and be so bored, but he works harder now then ever! If he is not at the Temple, then he is volunteering at the Bishop’s Storehouse. He is always on the go and I don’t think I have ever heard him complain about it once. He loves to be busy and stay active!
*His love for running. I am not a runner, obviously, but I admire the strength that he has to wake up at 3:00 every morning to go run. He runs at least one marathon a year plus other small races. This Saturday he will run his first 50k (that is 30 miles) at 60 YEARS OLD! To train for his big races, he joins other runners (all who are usually way younger then him) to run down South Mountain in 100+ heat. He has passed on that love to my brothers and sisters and I am proud of them (even though I complain that they talk about it way too much :)).
*His knowledge of the gospel. I would always be embarrassed because my dad would sit front and center in Sunday school and always would try to contribute to the class. Now looking back, I am so grateful for his eagerness to learn new things about the gospel. He is always reading and studying about the coming week’s lesson, something that I wish I was more diligent at. 
Father, Lil Rae, Teenage Beka
*My father is very softspoken, seeing my family that is probably hard to believe since we are all pretty loud. But I can’t remember hearing him talk bad about anyone or say something inappropriate.
*He always knows how to make me laugh and has such a great sense of humor.
*Even though all his kids are adults he still reminds us to better ourselves. He reminds us to be praying and read our scriptures and to go to the Temple often.
*Also his love for anything chocolate. My dad taught me that if a dessert doesn’t have chocolate then it isn’t dessert. I stand by that rule today! 
I am happy that I got his big brown eyes, thick hair, and love of the gospel. I do wish I could tan like him. Anyways I love my popsicle and hope he had a wonderful birthday!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Becca this was one of the nices tributes to a father I have read, sounds like your father is a wonderful man...Thanks for sharing.
Lori V.
ps..I love your blog...you and Brandon are hilarious
Great post, Beka! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting your dad, but I have only heard good things about him. And ha! I knew that was a teenage Mike!
OK you just made my Fathers Day tribute look awful. :) Hope your Dad had a great birthday. He really is sweet.
that was so cute! you guys are so lucky to have such a great dad- i think he is super, too.
Post a Comment